A huge thank you to all the generous members of Tucson’s construction community who helped renovate our new home!
All of these companies either completely donated or greatly reduced their costs for remodeling materials and labor.Toefel Construction
The Cooler Guy
Millwork by Design
Treehouse Design Group
Barry-Henkel Building Specialties, Inc.
Taylor Demolition & Recycling
Achilles Air Conditioning
Escante Concrete Construction
W.G. Valenzuela Drywall
Universal Wallboard Corp.
Behr PaintAllan Fire Protection
Excel Mechanical Inc
NET Electric Co. Inc.
Tucson Expediting and Development
Cutting Edge Fabrication
Ace AsphaltCal Portland
Foundation Building Materials
Schneider & Assoc.
Southern Arizona Rain Gutters
Santa Theresa Tile Works
Arizona Restaurant Supply
Dunn Edwards Paint
Territorial Design & Display
Our New Facility – 1050 S. Park Avenue, Tucson, AZ
9000 Square Feet of Potential
In the new facility we will be able to expand existing programs and increase our capacity to offer critically needed services for homeless women in Tucson
Expand SJWC’s Day Program:
- Enough space for up to 35 women at one time
- Large community room for meals and conversation
- Quiet sleep room for daytime rest
- Classroom with computers for Employment Readiness training
- Spacious restroom facilities with four showers
- Separate laundry room with four washer and dryers
- Lockers to secure personal belongings
- Commercial kitchen
- Administrative space
- Separate donations room with a dressing room
Expand SJWC’s Winter Night Program:
- Sleep up to 35 guests seven nights a week from November through the 3rd week of March
- Community dinner
- Evening activities
New Offerings! SJWC’s Help Out of Homelessness Program
SJWC is the only Tucson organization dedicated solely to the needs of adult unaccompanied women living in chronic homelessness in a women-only environment. Homeless women live in a survival mode that prevents them from breaking the cycle of chronic homelessness. Complex and intersecting issues prevent moving forward.
SJWC’s Help Out of Homelessness Program is designed to empower homeless women to overcome the complex and intersecting barriers that prevent personal sustainability. SJWC plans to offer a one-stop hub of services offered in a trusted and familiar environment. This will remove barriers of transportation, time management, and societal alienation; women will satisfy their basic survival needs while accessing support and services from the center and partner agencies.
Unique features include:
- Low barrier center for women-only
- Available to homeless women where they already come
- Familiar and safe environment where women have established trusting relationships with staff, volunteers, and each other
- Alleviates the transportation barrier to partner agencies and ease outreach and implementation of community services